From the western art music of the 19th century to postmodernism today | Sunday Feb 12th, 2017 19:00 | Melina Mercuri Hall, State Conservatory of Thessaloniki
During the festival CONSONANCES 2017 (ΣΥΝΗΧΗΣΕΙΣ 2017), violist Athanasios Sourgounis will be performing my work “…anD…” (2012) for viola in a honorary concert, which is organized by the Onassis Scholars’ Association with the support of the Onassis Foundation.
The concert is conceived as “a journey through time and the music history of Thessaloniki, starting with the composers who brought Western art music in the city and continuing with representatives of current compositional trends …
composers who founded the course of Greek art, together in a concert that aims to highlight the Greek music from the 19th century until today.”
The first part entails works by composers born before 1960: Dimitrios Lalas, Emilios Riadis, Dimitris Themelis, Costas Nikitas, Christos Samaras.
In the second part to be heard are works by composers who represent the diversity of today’s musical trends: Michalis Lapidakis, Dimitri Papageorgiou, Costas Siempis, Costas Tsougras, and Leontios Hatzileontiadis.
Program Booklet: programme
• Dimitrios Lalas (1848-1911). Die Karthause – recording
• Emilios Riadis (1880-1935). Jasmins et minarets
• Dimitrios Themelis (1931). Marsya’s song
• Costas Nikitas (1940-1989). Sonatina for flute
• Christos Samaras (1956). Four songs for mezzo soprano and piano
• Michalis Lapidakis (1960). Ιntermedio (Double flame) for violin and viola
• Costas Siempis (1961). 12 Variations for piano
• Dimitri Papageorgiou (1965). ” …anD…” for viola
• Costas Tsougras (1966). Diatheses for violin and piano
• Leontios Hatzileontiadis (1966). Labirintus for Mezzo Soprano and CD, Op. 78
ContraTempo Chamber Orchestra, conductor:Vladimiros Symeonidis
mezzo soprano:Angelica Cathariou
The evening will be introduced by the Chairman of the State Conservatory of Thessaloniki Harry Lefakis and musicologists Chardas Costas and George Athanasopoulos.
State Conservatory of Thessaloniki, Fragkon 15, Thessaloniki, GΡ-54625 (google map).
Entrance is FREE.
“…anD…” (2012) for viola is available by BabelScores