Sunday December 6, 2015. University of Iowa, Center for New Music – David Gompper, director. Riverside Recital Hall, Iowa City, IA, USA, 7:30pm
This coming Sunday, December 6th 2015, the CNM ensemble is programmed to perform my work Effluénces (2011) as well as works by Finnish composer Kaija Saariaho and guest composer Caroline Shaw. Also performing is special guest cellist Kevin McFarland in a new work by Josh Levine, professor at the UIowa School of Music.
- Caroline SHAW, in manus tuas (2009). Ghyas Zeidieh. violoncello
- Dimitri PAPAGEORGIOU, Effluénces (2011). Jeiran Hasan, flute; Christine Burke, bass clarinet; Korak Lertpibulchai, piano; Leonardo Perez, violin; Matthew Laughlin, violoncello; Zachary Stanton, conductor
- Caroline SHAW, Taxidermy (2012) for percussion quartet. Wannapha Yannavut, percussion I; Andrew Veit, percussion II; Christine Augspurger, percussion III; Ben Yancey, percussion I
— Intermission —
- Joshua LEVINE, Sixty Cycles (2015), for violoncello. Kevin McFarland, violoncello.
- Kaija SAARIAHO, Lichtbogen (1986), for nine musicians and live electronics. Emily Duncan, flute; Christine Augspurger, percussion; Bethany Wheeler, harp; Korak Lertpibulchai, piano; Andrew Gentzsch, violin I; Leonardo Perez, violin II; Elizabeth Upson, viola; Matthew Laughlin, violoncello; Nicholas Bowes, double bass, electronics; Zachary Stanton, conductor
Program booklet: som20151206